Blue Heron Consulting is a 100% utility-focused systems integrator with a 17 year track record of delivering high quality systems and implementations.
Founded in 1999, BHC has developed extensive expertise in successfully designing, implementing, and upgrading SPL and Oracle Utility suite products at over 30 client sites ranging in size from approximately 26,000 end customers to over 4.3 million customers.
BHC’s experience implementing Oracle Utility applications includes:
- Customer Care & Billing (CC&B)
- Oracle Intelligence for Utilities (OBIU and OUBI)
- Mobile Workforce Management (MWM)
- Work and Asset Management (WAM)
- Meter Data Management (MDM)
- Customer Self Service (CSS)
In addition to its core system integration practice, Blue Heron also provides comprehensive managed services and support programs, project health and upgrade assessments, upgrades, configuration audits and staff augmentation across the Oracle Utilities product suite. To see more information about BHC Services click the link below.
BHC has the distinct advantage of working with past and present versions of CC&B going back to the mid -1990s when the product was built and owned by SPL. Blue Heron Consulting’s New York based Oracle Utilities Solution Center is comprised of Centers of Excellence (CoE) that support all aspects of BHC’s projects and consulting practice (PMO, infrastructure, reports, interfaces, conversion, training, enhancements, etc.). Each center of excellence is comprised of small teams of highly skilled and specialized architects, designers and programmers that are responsible for delivering key project related deliverables. BHC’s Solution Center lowers implementation costs, ensures better quality, decreases risk and delivers a less stressful development process.
Blue Heron Solution Center
Blue Heron’s Solution Center includes a library of more than 1200 reusable requirements, algorithms and functions, business rules, architecture, source code, test cases, input data and scripts. Staffed by a very experienced team of onshore developers, coders and architects, our re-use practices lower implementation costs, ensure better quality, decrease risks and deliver a less stressful development process. On average, re-use satisfies an impressive 40 percent of the functionality need to deliver a project!
Blue Heron has provided integration services to various clients since our inception. We are proud to serve our growing list of global customers.
- Extensive background with utilities possessing functional and technical requirements where we provided system integration services and/or business solutions to meet challenging or tight project budgets and timelines.
- Low risk implementations due to our industry leading data conversion practice, senior architects, and proven, repeatable Fast Track Implementation Methodology.
- With an average tenure of eight years working for Blue Heron Consulting and fourteen serving utilities, our consultants are some of the brightest, most experienced and most creative in the industry.
- Specialized Solution Center with Centers of Excellence dedicated to the support and maintenance of Oracle CC&B clients during and post implementation.
- BHC is a certified Oracle Gold Partner and an Oracle authorized reseller, thus facilitating your award and contractual processes.
- Affordable, high quality, objective, and value based consulting.